Monday 8 June 2009

2 Ads, Same Product, Laughs had by all!



This is one of my favourite ads right because it makes me laugh my arse off. I'm trying to be as mature as possible though because genuinely I think it's a great ad. I've always been immature and squeamish about "feminine hygiene" ads but I have no doubt that as a creative they are ridiculously hard to make. You have to remain subtle, you have deliver a strong message despite that subtlety and finally you still have to sell the damn product.

This ad does it fantastically well, the message is pretty obvious and all subleties and dignity is maintained.

Plus it still makes me giggle because I am immature, I need to find which agency made this. Oddly enough there is another ad for this exact product which I'm going to assume is American but it could be Australian or something of that nature. I'm basing it on the actors.



I have no idea if this will/can run in the UK, it has all the subtlety of a sledgehammer! It is the exact same product and they've taken the same approach, and probably the same brief but damn! What a difference. 50% giggles because I'm still an idiot but the other 50% cringes for obvious reasons.

No comments: