Friday 27 March 2009

Pravda - Our First Book Crit

So we have literally just stepped out of our first book critique, with the 'Head of Chaos' from Pravda. I'm jotting this down now in the fear I may forget how it all went. We presented seven briefs, with a total of nine campaigns throughout. I'm not going to lie, but I was nervous as hell.

We sat in silent for a good ten minutes or so while Simon Sinclair had a look through our book, stopping about half way through to talk about some of the stuff he had seen. My Intercontinental Title pages seemed to do the trick, but we'll pretend the spelling mistakes and running around didn't happen in the morning.

He seemed to laugh at the right places, and smile at the correct imagery so in my brain it went well. Not brilliantly, because he didn't high five us and immediately give us a job, but I don't think it went that badly, because he literally told us that one campaign was "really good", and liked strategy behind some of the other campaigns but told us the imagery needed a little push.

I'm feeling quite indifferent at the moment, probably because the book critique wasn't on their turf, but I imagine I'll find out later in the day if we were popular or not. I'll just end on a bit of advice he gave to us, but it may have to be paraphrased; "I'm not going to say 'it's how many cocks you suck' but... you know".

Ciaran x

No comments: